When the UK leaves the EU there will be immediate changes to the way UK businesses trade with the EU that may impact your business.
Please see details below of support available for local businesses in relation to trading with the EU and customs declarations, including webinars, a £16m fund for training staff and IT grants.
Getting ready for Brexit webinar
This live HMRC webinar will take place on the 19th and 20th September and will provide an overview for UK businesses involved in the movement of goods between the EU and the UK. Find out what you need to know to keep importing and exporting, including:
- why it’s important to apply for an Economic Operator Registration and Identification number (EORI)
- what Transitional Simplified Procedures are
- how to prepare to make customs declarations
- what Entry Summary Declarations are
- how to pay the correct Customs Duty and VAT.
You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar using the on-screen text box.
Useful links to regularly updated information will be provided at the end of the webinar.
Start preparing now – join the webinar (https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/6556129852233668609?source=Sep-HMRC-DCS-EU-1)
New government funding is now available to help businesses train staff in making customs declarations, and to help businesses who support others to trade goods to invest in IT.
Businesses based in, or with a branch in, the UK can apply for funding ahead of the UK leaving the EU.
Grants can be used to support:
- Training costs for businesses who complete customs declarations, or who intend to in the future.
- Funding for IT improvement, which is available to small and medium sized employers who are currently involved in trade as an intermediary.
For further information on the scheme and to apply, please visit GOV.UK.
Posted on: Friday 6th September 2019