An overview of common manufacturing processes for product realization, material selection, automation and disruptive manufacturing technologies.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone wishing to gain/improve their knowledge of manufacturing, modern manufacturing processes and their link to materials. Attendees do not need to have any formal qualifications but will require some technical knowledge.
- Improved knowledge of material selection.
- Highlights processing considerations with respect to final product design, performance and cost.
- Potential to improve the efficient use of time and materials.
- Overview of manufacturing
- Material structure and properties
- Powder metallurgy
- Surface Treatments
- Heat treatments and annealing
- Introduction to Lean Engineering
- Material and Process Selection
- Including Common Engineering Materials
- Future: The Latest Trends in Manufacturing Technology (including additive layer manufacturing), 4th Industrial revolution, Cyber Manufacturing Systems, the Smart Factory, internet of Things.
This is an on line course so can be accessed anytime at your convenience. There is approx. 21-30 hours of course content to complete, depending on your knowledge of subject. There is a tutor who is assigned to the course who will answer any queries and hold tutorials if necessary, he is very approachable and where possible will find a convenient time that works for both of you.
At the end of each section of the course there are a set of questions, they are to test your understanding and to contribute towards your final mark. At the end of the course you will be asked to submit a written assignment which will make up your final mark.
More information and booking
Posted on: Monday 24th August 2020