Launched on 15th December 2020 by Economy Minister Ken Skates, the plan will provide immediate assistance to business, and reinvent and adapt support to meet the needs of exporting businesses post-coronavirus and the end of EU transition.
The Export Action Plan sets out Welsh Government’s focus on:
- Adapting existing programmes of export support so they align with new ways of working and the changing needs of business
- Providing advice and support to Welsh exporters to help them manage the end of the EU transition phase
- Reaching out to more businesses in Wales, particularly those businesses with a potential to export
- Building capacity and capability for exporting to ensure Welsh businesses have the right skills and confidence to be successful exporters
- Developing new export support interventions, including piloting a new Export Cluster initiative to facilitate strong networks of export support
- Delivering overseas activity in key markets and matching these opportunities for sectors where Wales has particular sectoral strengths
A new online Export Hub is also available for businesses. This is an important resource for Welsh firms and provides live information on a range of export issues. This will support both new and existing exporters to grow and address any challenges they face with the future trading environment.
In addition, a series of ‘virtual export market visits’ have been set up for the remainder of this financial year to ensure Welsh businesses can continue to meet with potential customers in target markets.
Read more at GOV.WALES
New Export Action Plan crucial to Welsh economy | GOV.WALES
Posted on: Wednesday 16th December 2020