The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
There are 2 ways to make an application for the Kickstart Scheme:
- If you’re creating more than 30 job placements you can apply directly by submitting an online application yourself
- If you’re creating fewer than 30 job placements, a Kickstart Gateway can act on your behalf and apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant for you.
The Economy & Skills department at Torfaen council are acting as a Kickstart Gateway for businesses in Torfaen. They will
- gather information from you about the job placements you’d like to offer
- use this information to submit an online application on behalf of a group of employers
- pass on the relevant payments made by DWP to you (for example the young person’s salary
The attached leaflet provides further information about eligibility and how the Economy & Skills department at Torfaen council can work with you.
Additional information about how the Kickstart Gateway option operates can be found here:
Posted on: Wednesday 18th November 2020