The UK Government has reviewed the terms of the scheme, and announced that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) will remain at the current level of 80% of usual wages for the hours not worked, and will be extended until the end of April 2021.
You can now make December claims
You can now submit your claims for periods in December. These must be made by 14 January 2021.
If you have furloughed employees because of the effect of coronavirus on your business, you can claim under the CJRS for periods of paid leave they take while on furlough, including for bank holidays such as Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
If your employee is flexibly furloughed, you can count any time taken as holiday as furloughed hours rather than working hours. This means you can claim 80% of their usual wages for these hours. You should not place employees on furlough just because they are going to be on paid leave.
To help you plan ahead to meet the monthly deadlines, here’s a list of the key dates you need to know:
- 14 January 2021 – final date to submit claims for December 2020 by 11:59pm
- 15 February 2021 – final date to submit claims for January 2021 by 11:59pm
- 15 March 2021 – final date to submit claims for February 2021 by 11:59pm
- 14 April 2021 – final date to submit claims for March 2021 by 11:59pm
- 14 May 2021 – final date to submit claims for April 2021 by 11:59pm
For further information please visit the GOV.UK website.
Posted on: Monday 4th January 2021