The Welsh Government has announced further emergency support until 31 August 2021 for businesses that remain closed or severely impacted by restrictions shown via a greater than 60% impact on turnover compared to the corresponding timeline in 2019 or equivalent.
The Economic Resilience Fund (ERF) will provide support in the form of cash grants for businesses, social enterprises and charities and associated supply chain businesses that continue to experience a severe negative impact as a result of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. The grants will help meet operating costs (excluding staff wages) for the period 1 July 2021 to 31 August 2021.
The ERF will support businesses that are either:
- Forced to remain closed or unable to trade by on-going restrictions between 1st July 2021 and 31st August 2021
- Event Space and attractions severely impacted by ongoing social distancing regulations
- Other businesses with >60% impact on Turnover as a direct result of ongoing restrictions since 1st of May and were unable to open indoors before the 17th May 2021
- A supply chain business that generates 60% or more of its sales revenue from businesses falling into categories a), b) and/or c)
And (applies to all):
Have experienced a severe impact through reduced turnover of 60% or more in July and August 2021 as compared to July and August 2019 caused directly by on-going COVID-19 restrictions.
Any future Covid 19 funding which may be available for specific groups or sectors will take into account funding awarded under this round of the Economic Resilience Fund. This may lead to an adjustment or deduction in any future schemes.
You can now use the Eligibility Checker to check your eligibility for this further package of ERF Support.
- Applications for the ERF WITH A TURNOVER OF MORE THAN £85K will reopen on the 13 July 2021 at midday until midday Tuesday 27 July 2021.
- Local Authorities across Wales will reopen applications for those businesses that are eligible WITH A TURNOVER OF LESS THAN £85K on the 26 July 2021. This grant application will remain open until 9 August 2021. Read the Guidance Notes
Posted on: Monday 5th July 2021