The Department for Transport (DfT) has commissioned the Connected Places Catapult to undertake the Zero Emission Flight Infrastructure (ZEFI) programme.
The programme will run within the 2021/22 financial year with a range of opportunities for industry and academia to participate in grant funding, workshop and demonstration activity.
As part of the programme, this new competition has been launched. Grants of up to £50,000 will be available for organisations developing technology that could help the aviation industry transition to zero carbon emission flight.
Projects that involve research/feasibility as well as prototyping or operational testing are of particular interest.
Key themes are:
- Hydrogen storage, handling, aircraft refuelling/defueling, distribution, and associated technologies
- Electric charging, storage, handling, batteries, electric distribution, and associated technologies
- Research into future demand scenarios for airside use of green hydrogen and electricity at UK airports.
In order to apply to this scheme, you must be:
- Based in the UK or have a UK registered office; and
- A business or university of any size
Submissions by midnight 1st August
More information and applying
Zero Emission Flight Infrastructure - Project - Connected Places Catapult
Posted on: Friday 2nd July 2021