A strategic location in south east Wales
Torfaen has 91,200 residents across three key communities:
- Cwmbran a modern, bustling town with a mix of financial, insurance and Fintech businesses including Springboard Business Innovation Centre which provides support for high growth innovation, technology and fintech businesses.
- Pontypool - a traditional valley town and home to a wide variety of manufacturing and engineering businesses.
- Blaenavon - home to the World Heritage Site including Big Pit and with a strong traditional engineering and manufacturing base.
Torfaen is brilliantly placed with excellent transport links.
- Cwmbran is a few minutes’ drive to the M4 motorway (junctions 25a/26) and close to the Severn Bridge
- Under 40 minutes to Bristol and Cardiff, with London and Birmingham just 2 hours away.
- New Heads of the Valley road making Swansea just 40 minutes away from Blaenavon.
- Close by are the railway stations of Cwmbran, Pontypool and Newport providing direct travel with fast high speed links to major cities throughout the UK and Europe. Pontypool is being improved with new platforms and facilities.
- Cardiff, Bristol and Birmingham airports are within easy reach and offer domestic, European and USA/international flights.